Tuesday, March 30, 2010

suits

On the tram this morning, peak hour, crowded, mainly business men, fully engaged with their iPhones. My headphones broke a few weeks ago so I've become more intuitive of other people on public transport nowadays. My hearing has probably improved too, thank goodness. What I have noticed lately is how deceiving business men are. You'd think they would be as straight as an arrow, no shocking history or past that conflicts with what they are now. My ultra good hearing detected that the businessman sitting next to me was listening to heavy metal. A bald, mid thirties, slightly overweight man playing sodoku on his flashy gadget was listening to metal music. I found that funny. Then I tried to picture him 15 or 20 years ago, whether he was in the grunge/metal scene back in the early 90s. Look at him now, I would have never guessed. Now the guy next to him, he was younger, early 30s, gel in his hair, listening to trance. I guess I could see it, but I couldn't imagine this guy at a club dancing hard-style on ecstasy, or am I being too stereotypical?

No comments:

Post a Comment